TAKING A LOOK AT QUIT-SMOKING AIDS
by Lynne Brown
Firstly you need to know that if you aren't motivated and committed to kicking the habit, there isn't a quit aid available that can help you.
The best smoking cessation aid on the planet is your own determination to stop.
By now you have probably tried a number of these aids and are fed up with failing time and again by using useless products that rob you of your hard earned cash and don’t live up to their promises. Let’s examine a few of them:
- Therapy: No one else is going to be able to ask or tell you to quit smoking – not long term anyway.
- Support Groups: Sitting around talking about smoking just causes you to think about it more.
- Nicotine Patches or Gum: They simply feed you the same old nicotine, just in smaller doses. They cost more than cigarettes and are unlikely to rid you of your addiction. Why trade one nicotine addiction for another!
- Zyban – most people experience unpleasant side-effects, some serious. Zyban is an antidepressant with the same active ingredient, bupropion, as Wellbutrin, another antidepressant.
- Chantix – this medication already carries a warning because it can cause suicidal thoughts and behaviors in some people. Now a recent Johns Hopkins-led study suggests healthy, middle-aged smokers who take Chantix have a 72 percent increased risk of cardiovascular disease compared to those taking a placebo. Do you really want to take a drug that increases the risk for the very problems you're trying to avoid?
- Electronic cigarettes. The electronic cigarette is a non-tobacco product that delivers nicotine to the user via a vapor that is inhaled into the lungs. Electronic cigarettes qualify as a smoking alternative, not a quit aid. They do not cure the addiction or the habit. When we quit smoking, it is counter-productive to substitute a nicotine delivery device that looks, for all intents and purposes, just like the cigarettes we are working so hard to break free of. The FDA's Centre for Drug Evaluation, Division of Pharmaceutical Analysis conducted preliminary tests on two leading brands of electronic cigarettes. Highlights of their findings include:
- Carcinogenic tobacco-specific nitrosamines were found in half of the samples tested.
- One cartridge contained diethylene glycol, a toxic ingredient found in anti-freeze.
- All but one of the cartridges labeled as having no nicotine did contain nicotine.
The risks associated with electronic cigarettes are largely unknown at this point. They are largely untested and for this reason I cannot recommend them.
- Acupuncture and hypnosis: Both have proven to be effective for a number of smokers however usually together with some other form of quit-smoking aid. Always check the credentials of the acupuncturist or hypnotherapist you choose.
- Herbal Products: These have probably proven to be the most effective quitting aids and the only ones I am confident recommending provided they are 100% natural and their safety has been confirmed. They are usually formulated to help reduce smoking and reduce the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal, including stress and irritability. Vice-BreakerTM, manufactured in Canada by Nutratec Life Sciences, is such a supplement, with the added benefit of cleansing the lungs at the same time.
Why I recommend Vice-BreakerTM
Well firstly I have used it very successfully in helping my patients and clients to quit smoking. I know it works, as long as the smoker wants to quit. I know its safe, being 100% natural comprising a formulation of herbs each serving a very relevant purpose. For me that is of the utmost importance.
Vice-Breaker’s™ natural proprietary components work together to help reduce anxiety, tension and nervousness, which in turn, helps to calm nerves and reduce cravings. One of the components acts as a barrier to block nicotine receptors in your brain, making it easier for you to wean yourself off tobacco. This blend will also help the body remove nicotine toxins faster, speeding up the withdrawal process and alleviating symptoms. By soothing irritations and thinning mucous, it helps to heal smoke-damaged lungs and can speed the healing of other damaged tissues.
It contains no nicotine or other harmful ingredients and has no known side-effects.
The feedback I get from users is always positive: Significantly reduced nicotine cravings within 4 or 5 days and none of the irritation and anxiety that usually goes with nicotine withdrawal. Within 2 weeks users are reporting increased energy and vitality and no wish to return to their previous state of ill health. As long as you want to quit, all you have to do is take one Vice-BreakerTM capsule in the morning and one in the evening, control the habit side of smoking, and let these little magic bullets do the rest.